While it is true that linen and cotton are made from plant, it is also true that they are different. Yes! They both feel different to touch. While cotton is soft and more welcoming, linen is mildly rough and withdrawn. They are both very popular materials in the world of sheets.
There are a lot of beautiful designs of linen and cotton sheets in the market today. This might make making a choice quite difficult. Choosing the sheets that would fit the aesthetics of your house should be less tasking after reading this article. Here, we aim at assisting readers in choosing sheets that fit your desire. Click here!
What is linen?
Linen is one of the most expensive sheets in the market. This is so because its manufacturing process is quite demanding. Linen possesses some features that outlast its cotton counterparts. Some of these features include;
- It contains filtering properties that work to reduce germs and allergens from dwelling in it.
- The material can prevent the buildup of static electricity between it and the human skin. Therefore making it suitable for individuals with sensitive skin.
- Linens are the most comfortable sheets to use in the warm season because it is cool to feel.
- Linens are known for being durable. Long fabrics are tightly interwoven to produce linen sheets. Hence, preventing early wear and tear of the sheet.
- Linen sheets may feel rough on the skin at first but get smoother after consistent washing.
Cons of linen sheets
Below are some of the disadvantages of using linen sheets.
- It is expensive because of the extensive and demanding production process.
- The roughness of new linen sheets might be uncomfortable for some people.
- It wrinkles easily and might require ironing to keep it presentable.
- Linens have limited color variety and hardly comes in patterns.
What is cotton?
Cotton is more popular than linens. This is because cotton is more affordable than linens. The process involved in producing cottons are also cheaper and less extensive. Below are some features of cotton sheets.
- For cotton the longer the fibers, the better the sheets.
- It is durable but not as durable as linens.
- Cotton sheets offer sleepers with breathability and a soft kind of comfort.
- Washing cotton sheets also makes cotton softer and smoother.
Cons of using cotton sheets
- Wrinkles easily and might require ironing.
- Not as durable as linen sheets.
- Holds water moisture for a long period, and takes a longer period to dry.
Finding quality sheets can be tasking. Especially when you just decided to move into a new apartment. Finding a sheet that matches your taste might be difficult. In reading this article, you would find that it is not as difficult as it may seem.
At the end of the day, sheet choices are a matter of preference. You are advised to choose that which would give you the best sleeping experience. Also, you can decide to base your choice on the weather. For the winter season, cotton would provide better comfort. While for the summer season, linen will provide better comfort. Click here for further details: https://www.staleyfarmsgolfclub.com/everything-you-need-to-know-about-living-in-officer/